WCCN Blog: A place to build community and share random thoughts as we ignite a holy passion for God in Worcester among college students

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Yes! I finally got on to this thing

So in church on Sunday (WBC)...i was reading a verse in Romans, and I've been thinking about it. I wanted to post it and see what comments anyone had.

Romans 8:7 and 8 "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God." (New King James)

then further down...Romans 8:13 "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." (New King James)

So what I was thinking about is this..even though I am a Christian...anytime I live according to the flesh...will this cause me to die...aka...i guess not have eternal life? And even though I am a Christian..and when I live for my flesh..am I not pleasing God? Therefore, will God not listen to my prayers? etc....I dunno..I found these scriptures interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ignite was awesome tonight!!!!!

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Noah said...

How about when someone excepts Christ as their personal Lord and savior. When saying and believeing the prayer they are non-christian first, then God transforms them. What do you think her?

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home